1 person, 2 dogs rescued from motel fire in Myrtle Beach


MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – Firefighters responded to a motel fire at 15th Avenue South in Myrtle Beach Wednesday morning.

Myrtle Beach Fire officials say a room caught on fire at the Summer Sands Motel on South Ocean Boulevard near 15th Avenue South.

Firefighters arrived at 4:20 a.m. and upon arrival found smoke coming from the second and third floor of the hotel, according to a news release from the department. MBFD crews extinguished the fire within 20 minutes and rescued one person and two dogs. Everyone else in the building was evacuated.

One person was taken to a nearby hospital in stable condition.

Crews were still on scene Wednesday morning for smoke and water removal.

SLIDESHOW: Mobile users, tap here to view a slideshow of photos from the scene.

Copyright 2017 WMBF News. All rights reserved.