MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – With Hurricane Irma threatening to impact the South Carolina coast in the next few days, some businesses have begun canceling events ahead of the storm.
Below are a current list of current cancellations:
- Due to the storm, the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel will be closed Friday until further notice.
- Carolinas Centers for Sight, P.C., located at 400 N. Cashua Drive in Florence, will be closed on Monday, Sept. 11, due to the threat from Hurricane Irma
- Carolina OB/GYN in Georgetown and Murrells Inlet will be closed Monday, Sept. 11, and Tuesday, Sept. 12, due to Hurricane Irma.
- Due to the uncertain path that Hurricane Irma may travel, MPW Industrial Services has postponed the grand opening of its Georgetown facility scheduled for 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 12.
- Due to the possibility of inclement weather related to Hurricane Irma, the Horry County Museum’s program on Saturday, Sept. 9 on Fossils of the Pee Dee Region by Don Kirkpatrick will be postponed until a later date.
- The Florence Police Department will be postponing the annual Police Fund Golf Tournament to a later date. This postponement is due to the state of emergency issued for South Carolina earlier Wednesday and the department’s focus shifting to preparation for the impact of Hurricane Irma. The tournament will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
Please send any additional cancellations to email@example.com.
Copyright 2017 WMBF News. All rights reserved.