HORRY COUNTY, S.C. – The Department of Health and Environmental Control have provided updates to swim advisories issued along the Grand Strand.
The swimming advisories have been lifted for the areas listed below:
- 16th Avenue North in North Myrtle Beach
- 3rd Avenue North in North Myrtle Beach
- 7th Avenue South in North Myrtle Beach
- 33rd Avenue South in North Myrtle Beach
- 16th Avenue North in Surfside Beach
Bacteria levels no longer exceed water quality standards in those sections of beach, according to DHEC.
The advisory continue for the affected area and includes 200 feet above and below:
- 17th Avenue South in North Myrtle Beach
Bacteria levels above state and federal standards have been detected in these sections of beach and swimming is not advised until bacteria levels return to normal.
It is safe to wade, collect shells and fish within the swimming advisory area.
Copyright 2018 WMBF News. All rights reserved.