MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – As Hurricane Florence continues to head toward the coast, many businesses and organizations have announced closings until further notice.
In a letter to their valued customers, Walmart Stores Inc. said that all local stores that are located in the mandatory and voluntary evacuation zones will be closed after 11:30 p.m. on Monday, September 10.
Walmart went on to say that customers can check their store’s Facebook page, or call to check on the status and to confirm when the store will be reopened.
Along with Walmart, many other businesses have announced closings or cancellations until after Florence passes.
Walmart the following stores close Monday at 11:30 p.m. until further notice
- 1037 – 1317 N MAIN ST STE A1 SUMMERVILLE
- 1146 – 511 N HIGHWAY 52 MONCKS CORNER
- 1358 – 2110 BELLS HWY WALTERBORO
- 1359 – 7400 RIVERS AVE NORTH CHARLESTON
- 2712 – 541 SEABOARD ST MYRTLE BEACH
- 2870 – 3915 N KINGS HWY MYRTLE BEACH
- 2887 – 125 MARYPORT DRIVE MYRTLE BEACH
- 2928 – 605 SAINT JAMES AVE GOOSE CREEK
- 3367 – 4920 CENTRE POINTE DR NORTH CHARLESTON
- 3442 – 11980 HIGHWAY 17 BYPASS MURRELLS INLET
- 3646 – 1635 RED BANK ROAD GOOSE CREEK
- 3713 – 3685 LADSON ROAD LADSON
- 3899 – 215 ST JAMES AVENUE GOOSE CREEK
- 4664 – 151 MYRTLE RIDGE DR CONWAY
- 5087 – 550 HIGHWAY 17 N NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
- 5367 – 1705 SOUTH KINGS HWY MYRTLE BEACH
- 5705 – 545 GARDEN CITY CONNECTOR GARDEN CITY BEACH
- 5923 – 3650 WALTON DRIVE MYRTLE BEACH
Sam’s Club 1946 10th Ave N, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Brookgreen Gardens will be closed to the public beginning tomorrow, September 11, through Saturday, September 15.
Lowcountry Food Bank is closed until further notice
Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum will close to visitors ahead of Hurricane Florence’s landfall starting Tuesday, Sept. 11.
Myrtle Beach Building Supply will remain closed until Governor McMaster lifts the evacuation.
Georgetown County Offices and Facilities (excluding essential operations) will be closed on Wednesday and will remain closed until further notice.
Beach Hobbies will be closed for the rest of the week and will update on their Facebook page when they return to normal business hours.
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences at Whiteville will be closing at noon, Tuesday, September 11. This week’s programming, Wednesday Storytime and Saturday’s “Meet Watson the Whale,” has been cancelled until further notice.
Target has not determined when they will close
Lowe’s Home Improvement is open until p.m. on Tuesday and closed until further notice
Georgetown County recycling centers will operate on regular hours Tuesday and will close Wednesday until further notice.
All City of Conway offices will close tomorrow (September 12, 2018) at noon for all non-emergency personnel. Trash pick-up will resume as normal tomorrow. However, the City will not pick-up trash on Thursday or Friday.
BP on 49 Blackgum Rd, Pawleys Island, SC 29585
Shell on 890 Lake Arrowhead Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
Exxon on 7020 SC-90, Longs, SC 29568
Sunco on 1805 Hwy 9 E, Longs, SC 29568
All Little River Medical Center sites will remain closed tomorrow, Tuesday, September 11, in anticipation of the potential impact of Hurricane Florence. We plan to resume normal business hours Monday, September 17.
The Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center in downtown Charleston and its community-based outpatient clinics in Myrtle Beach, Beaufort, North Charleston, and Goose Creek will remain fully operational until noon on Tuesday, September 11. Outpatient clinics will close at that time for the rest of the week.
Conway Medical Center is not in an evacuation zone and our Emergency Department will be open and accepting patients through the storm.
Conway Physicians Group (CPG) Offices – Are now closed and will reopen Monday, September 17th if conditions allow.
All Conway Outpatient Locations – Such as the Diagnostic Imaging Center, Sleep Lab, Physical Therapy, Cardiac Rehab, and Occupational Health are closed and will reopen Monday, September 17 if conditions allow. Non-emergent Surgical and Endoscopic Procedures – Are cancelled for rest of week.
Coastal Cancer Center will be closed September 11 through September 16.
Grand Strand Health will discontinue elective surgeries and close our outpatient facilities and physician practice locations effective 7 am on Tuesday, September 11.
North Strand ER is closed until further notice
South Strand Medical Center ER closed until further notice
Grand Strand Medical Center ER closed until further notice
HopeHealth sites in Florence will close at noon on September 13 and stay closed through September 14
CVS Pharmacy on 1150 Seaboard St. Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, 707 Church St. Conway, SC 29536
Walgreens on 3701 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, 300 S Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577, 601 Hwy 17 N, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
The following will be closed:
- Advanced Wound Center at South Strand Medical Center
- South Strand Medical Center Outpatient Services (Lab and Imaging)
- Behavioral Health Services at South Strand Medical Center Outpatient Services
- Carolina Forest Imaging Center
- The Breast Center
- Grand Strand Medical Center – All Outpatient Imaging, Lab, Cardiac Rehab, Radiation Therapy and Surgeries
- HealthFinders at Coastal Grand Mall
- Grand Strand Heart & Vascular Care
- Grand Strand Heart & Vascular Care
- Grand Strand Heart & Vascular Care
- Grand Strand Primary Care
- Grand Strand Primary Care
- Grand Strand Surgical Care
- Grand Strand Spine & Neuro Care
- Grand Strand Orthopedic Care
- Grand Strand Women’s Care
- Grand Strand Cosmetic & Reconstructive Care
The Clinic at Lumberton Drug will remain open until 5 pm on Wed., Sept. 12.
The following SeHealth affiliates will close at noon on Thursday, Sept. 13 and remain closed on Friday, Sept. 14:
• Walk-in clinics
• Gibson Cancer Center
• Fitness Centers
The following SeHealth affiliates will be closed Thursday and Friday, Sept. 13 and 14:
• All Primary Care and Specialty Clinics
• The Surgery Center at Southeastern Health Park
All Coastal Cancer Center office locations will be closed from Tuesday through Sunday and will reopen on Monday, September 17th
Horry County Schools will close on Tuesday, Sept. 11, and remain closed for the rest of the week.
Creative Beginnings Child Development Center following Horry County Schools will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 11 through Friday
Palmetto School of Career Development closed Sept 11–15.
Grace Christian School will be closed starting Tuesday, September 11
Florence County School District 2 schools and offices will be closed on Tuesday, September 11, including cancellation of all extracurricular activities (after-school programs and athletic events) until further notice.
Florence County School District Three schools and offices will be closed on Tuesday, September 11, and will remain closed until further notice.
Florence County School District 5 schools and offices will be closed on Tuesday, September 11 – Friday, September 14 including cancellation of all extracurricular activities.
Dillon School District Three and Four will be closed September 11 until further notice.
Coastal Youth Theatre (Theatre of the Republic Children’s Division in Conway) we be closed the remainder of the week.
Darlington County School District schools and district offices will be closed beginning Tuesday, September 11, until further notice.
Lee County School District will be closed on Tuesday, September 11, 2018. In addition, all extracurricular activities (after-school programs and athletic events) are cancelled until further notice.
Antioch Christian Academy will be closed Wednesday, Sept 12, Thursday,Sept 13, and Friday, Sept 14.
Marlboro County School District has closed all schools/offices for the remainder of the week due to approaching Hurricane Florence.
Risen Christ Christian Academy will be closed September 11-14.
Coastal Carolina University will operate as usual Monday, September 10. Classes are canceled Tuesday, September 11. The University says it will give 24 hours notice before classes are resumed.
Child Development Ministry of First United Methodists Church, Myrtle Beach will be closed Tuesday, September 11 through Friday, September 14
The King’s Academy in Florence will operate on a half day schedule for Wednesday, September 12th. Beginning Thursday, TKA will be closed until further notice.
Robeson Community College will close for students and staff at 3:00 pm on Wednesday, September 12, 2018.
Williamsburg Technical College all classes and activities have been cancelled for Tuesday, September 11th – Friday, September 14th and the College will be closed. Classes, scheduled activity and normal business hours will resume Monday, September 17th pending the storm’s impact.
Georgetown County School District effective Tuesday, September 11, in addition to schools being closed, all after-school activities – including athletic practices and games – are cancelled until further notice.
Public Schools of Robeson County will closed Wed-Friday
Hickory Grove Child Development Center will be closed beginning Wednesday, September 12th until further notice.
Horry Georgetown Technical College will be closed and classes canceled beginning at 5 p.m. Monday and remain closed for the remainder of this week.
Francis Marion University will close at 7 a.m. on Tuesday (Sept. 11) and remain closed through the remainder of the school week. The following activities have been cancelled:
- The men’s golf team concluded play at The Invitational at The Ocean Course on Kiawah Island on Monday afternoon with the third and final round set for Tuesday being canceled.
- The women’s volleyball match at Claflin University on Friday has been postponed to a date yet to be determined.
- The women’s volleyball match at UNC Pembroke on Saturday has been postponed and will be made up on Saturday, Oct. 13, at 1 p.m. in Pembroke, N.C.
- The men’s and women’s cross country teams will not travel to the Jaguar XC Invitational Meet scheduled for Saturday morning at Beech Island, S.C. Another meet later in the season will likely be added to the Patriot schedules.
- The home women’s soccer match against the University of North Georgia scheduled for Saturday afternoon has been postponed to a date later in the season (but yet to be determined).
Miller-Motte Technical College (Conway Campus) will be closed for students, faculty, and staff starting Tuesday, September 11.
Child Development Ministry of First United Methodists Church, Myrtle Beach will be closed Tuesday, September 11 through Friday, September 14, due to inclement weather.
Antioch Christian Academy in Lumberton will be closed from Wednesday, September 12 through Friday, September 14.
First Baptist Church of Myrtle Beach offices will be closed Tuesday, September 11 through Friday, September 14. All evening activities for Wednesday, September 12 are canceled. The 50+ Program with guest speaker Kristen Dollarson scheduled for Thursday, September 13 is postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
Little River United Methodist Church located on US 17 North and Mineola Avenue in Little River, SC has cancelled all Sunday services, Bible studies, office hours, and missions until the evacuation order in Horry County has been lifted.
North Myrtle Beach Lions Club candlelight vigil has been canceled.
City of Conway Municipal Court has been canceled on September 12.
Horry County offices will close at noon on September 12.
Florence County Library System will close at noon on September 12.
WMBF will continue to update this list as more closings and cancellations are announced.
Copyright 2018 WMBF News. All right reserved.