This Is Country $1,000 Contest Rules
- Listeners will be directed to pick up a copy of “This Is Country” magazine at participating locations. No purchase necessary. Purchase does not increase the odds of winning. The magazine is only available while supplies last.
- Contestants will be solicited on WWKT-FM and WGFG-FM on the air October 15, 2018 through November 2, 2018. Listeners will be asked to be a specific caller on each station’s request line and be asked a specific question about page location or other information of a specific advertisement or feature in “This Is Country.” If the caller correctly identifies that location or information, he or she becomes eligible to win the grand prize of one thousand dollars.
- One winner will be drawn randomly from the combined qualifiers received from WWKT FM and WGFG FM. Winner will be notified by telephone.
- All contestants must be at least 18 years of age and show valid ID. Official contest rules will be available to listeners.
- Qualifiers may not substitute another person to take their place in contest.
- Only one person per household will be allowed to qualify and allowed to qualify only once.
- There will be only one winner of the Grand Prize.
- Winner is responsible for any local, state, or Federal taxes.
- All contestants must give consent that their voice, name, and/or picture or likeness may be used for promotional purposes.
- Employees of Community Broadcasters, LLC their families, unpaid interns thereof, employees of any other radio station in the Florence, Sumter, Orangeburg metro areas as defined by Nielsen and their unpaid interns and families, employees and family members of all other participating sponsors are ineligible to qualify or win.
- These rules may be amended at any time without notice.
- A written copy of the rules is also available at Community Broadcasters, LLC in Florence, Sumter and Orangeburg studios during regular business hours.
General Contest Rules
In the following rules, “CBLLC” means Community Broadcasters, LLC,:
- Some CBLLC contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values, and these rules will be aired on CBLLC during said contest. Only one winner per household is permitted per contest in a 45 day period. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
- Anytime you call the CBLLC studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
- Contestants agree, that their voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or Internet purposes.
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. CBLLC reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
- All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the CBLLC studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent an IRS form 1099 if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
- All CBLLC contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over unless otherwise noted. Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to CBLLC that will be presented to CBLLC and accepted before the prize is awarded.
- Winners will be expected to claim prize at the CBLLC studios unless otherwise noted, between 8:30am – 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
- Employees and Interns of Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, interns, employees and immediate families or significant others of each, and employees or interns of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the CBLLC main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee or intern and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee or intern is current legal guardian.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
- CBLLC reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
- Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
- CBLLC reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) should events beyond CBLLC’s control warrant.
- CBLLC reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
- CBLLC shall not be held liable for any technical, mechanical or electrical malfunctions.
- Regarding CBLLC’s on-line contests, all fields must be completed and rules published for, for them on-line must be followed for eligibility to win.
- All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
- To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of CBLLC, as defined at the exclusive discretion of CBLLC management.
- Any problems with the Internet or email are not CBLLC’s responsibility.
- A copy of these rules are also available during business hours at the CBLLC studios.
Rules subject to change