MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – Since the tragic shooting in Parkland, Florida on February 14, WMBF has heard from dozens of parents, students, educators and community members concerned about safety in our schools.
WMBF hosted a special town hall about school safety Thursday night at Beach Church in Myrtle Beach, located at 557 George Bishop Pkwy.
The following people have took part in the town hall:
- Dr. Rick Maxey – Horry County Schools superintendent
- David Beaty – Horry County Schools coordinator for school safety and security
- Dr. Randall Dozier – Georgetown County Schools superintendent
- Chief Joseph Hill – Horry County Police Department
- Chief Amy Prock – Myrtle Beach Police Department
- Capt. Eric DiLorenzo – Myrtle Beach Police Department and former school resource officer
- Sheriff Phillip Thompson – Horry County Sheriff’s Office
- Jimmy Richardson – 15th District Solicitor
- Mike Magill – school-based services supervisor with the Waccamaw Center for Mental Health
The entire town hall can be viewed above. Mobile app users, click the links below to watch the event:
- Town Hall Part 1
- Town Hall Part 2
- Town Hall Part 3
- Town Hall Part 4
- Town Hall Part 5
- Town Hall Part 6
- Town Hall Part 7
- Town Hall Part 8
Copyright 2018 WMBF News. All rights reserved.